Testimonials

“Within minutes, Stuart’s ideas and creativity transformed my living room into a more welcoming and inviting place. He’s brilliant! Stuart listens to his clients, with a view towards understanding what they want, and helps them reach their dream of having a warm space in which to live.”

Gilles Belliveau, Teacher & Teacher & Educational Administrator, Halifax, NS

"Stuart, just a quick note to let you know how happy Kate and I have been to have had the opportunity to work with you. In a matter moments you were coming up with ideas and suggestions for our space that, in the end, transformed our home office to an area we love working in! While we were impressed by your expertise we also loved that you listened to our input and took it into account when coming up with a plan. We love working with people that love what they do and it's evident that you have a passion for design. Can't wait for the next project!"

Alex & Kate MacAulay, Alex MacAulay Photographers Inc., Hammonds Plains, NS

“Working with Stuart has given me an appreciation of his abilities to intuitively understand my desires for my home, and then help me by translating those desires into a creative and cost-conscious proposal. The end results are amazing: the flow of the house is vastly improved; the colours warm my heart; and my living space has been transformed into a welcoming home!”

Lorna Hegarty,
President, LCH Resources Ltd.
VP Recruiting and Training at FBR Capital Markets, Toronto, ON


“I’d seen Stuart’s work in a Halifax magazine and liked what I saw. I’d also met him as part of a community fundraiser and admired his commitment. When I retired recently I wanted to make my home office more functional and welcoming. In just one session, Stuart gently helped me with ideas to de-clutter, brighten and enhance the possibilities I knew existed in that space, but couldn’t articulate. I’m now enjoying the space and spending so much more creative time there. I have no hesitation at recommending Stuart to anyone else.”

Marie Thompson, Journalist, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Stuart was able to come up with suggestions that were new and exciting yet didn’t detract from the charm of our 125 year old home. His careful selection of colours, arrangement of furniture, choice of draperies and lighting has given a fresh, inspired and revitalized feel to the house. Stuart’s careful attention to detail has allowed us to take advantage of beautiful views and natural light in ways that we never had considered before. All of this was done at a very reasonable cost, using his economical ideas. He has proven to be of outstanding value to us and I have since recommended him to numerous friends and family.

After the recent loss of my father following a lengthy illness, we all felt the need for a shift in our surroundings and I engaged Stuart’s services to inject new life into our family home in Cape Breton. He arrived with his gentle, unassuming persona and carefully listened to my mother and me as we shared our concerns and thoughts.

Stuart is an exceptional designer, prompt, attentive, courteous and very easy to work with. I have worked with other designers who have a tendency to make an individual feel inferior. Stuart made each one of us feel special. He has an uncanny ability to ‘read’ the environment and each person in it.  I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone and would gladly hire him for any upcoming project.
Paul D. Gatchell, Actor, Director, and Producer, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
“Thanks again Stuart, I feel inspired!”
Jeff Smith, Musician & Craftsman, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
“Building our home was such a wonderful experience - I learned so much along the way, and enjoyed every moment with you. It's always been such a pleasure working with you. You're extremely talented in so many ways!”

N. MacDonald, Entrepreneur, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
"All is well at home. All of the 'coupling' intentions in my home have worked and I am in a beautiful, nurturing relationship with a guy I dated years ago. We are both different people now and the only word I can accurately use for my state is 'Bliss'. I am tackling projects one by one and continuing to make progress. Hopefully with this new political reign and the stimulation of my 'wealth' area in my home, I will have money to complete my home soon. Either way, I am very happy and enjoying the peace you have helped me create."

Dawn D., Charlotte, North Carolina
"And thanks so much for your comment about me being present with people. But hardly anything you have to aspire to – you already do the same thing with people!  And you have the added bonus of having a really beautiful and gentle energy that is a real gift to be around. Do you know my mom actually commented on how nice you were to be around, just to soak up your “gentle spirit,” when she spent time with you in the yellow house? You really make an impression on people Stuart, with your sincerity and your own striving to grow as a person. Don’t change a thing…"

Renee Hartleib, Writer, Halifax, Nova Scotia
"Stuart is so easy and reassuring to work with. When you invite a stranger into your home, you expect to feel initially very uncomfortable and vulnerable, but with his calming demeanour, professionalism and gentle spirit, Stuart immediately put me at ease and we were able to use all of our time focusing on colour and design improvements. He actively listens and captured what we wanted.

Stuart helped us transform our home into an updated, modern living space that we enjoy every day. Friends comment that this is not the same house. They are correct; this is now a living space that we truly enjoy spending time in.


His suggestions around new purchases and furniture placement (using mostly furniture that we already had) invigorated old spaces with a fresh, new energy. Our vision and our budget were always paramount in his consideration and Stuart’s suggestions allowed us to complete a renewal that was respectful of our time and financial budgets.

We’ve not only saved money by engaging Stuart’s services, but we’ve also dramatically increased the value and the curb appeal of our home!

Stuart is simply delightful to work with. He is someone that you want to invite back for a coffee and conversation."


Terry Quinlan, Educational Administrator, Halifax, Nova Scotia


“The feeling I got when I saw the apartment was the same one I had when viewing Gregory Colbert's "Ashes and Snow" photographic exhibit in NYC this last summer. Beauty and peace. I admire your talent, and that you are a seeker of truth.I don't think you can hide who you are, it's obvious that your more than just a talented designer. Sometimes the positive light coming from people is so strong that anyone can see it. Thank you so much!"

Morgan Cavanaugh, Conneticut